Google
 

Monday, June 04, 2007

TIP - How to Have Quiet Kids at the Grocery Store

Okay, the other day, I took my seven year old and 2 year old to the grocery store. As you know, these trips could turn out to be very stressful.

My latest try seem to be working so I pass on to you:

Lollipops - I gave each of them a long-lasting lollipop that they both LOVE and don't get often. I kept my eye on the lollipops and ended the shopping trip when it looked like the lollipops were licked down to the stick. I checked out, they were done with their lollipops, and I just wiped up their mouths with some wet wipes before getting into the car. It was a great trip!

So far, I tried it twice and it worked like a charm. Hope it works for you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What better way to keep the kids quiet than to have lollipops in their mouths!!! : )

Elizabeth said...

Gotta love a bribe. Good for you. I'm a mother of two, as well, as is my sister, whose words of non-judgmental wisdom often cross my mind when I pull a lollipop-esque trick myself:

"I did my 'best' parenting before I had kids," she says.

I know I had the whole soft-focus thing down pat before the young-ins actually arrived on the scene.

Nice to come across you. Feel free to check my site for kids out anytime:
http://www.inklesstales.com.

You go, girl.

-Elizabeth Bushey
elizabeth@inklesstales.com

Taylor Blue said...

You can have sanity with two kids....sign me up....

MOT said...

Elizabeth, cool website you have there! I agree with your sister - I think I did my best parenting before I had kids too!

MOT said...

Taylor, "sanity" is a relative term....

MOT said...

ML, it also helps from asking or reaching for candy at the store.

bizybee06 said...

Love your website. As a mom of three little ones, I definitely appreciate this lollipop in the grocery store tip.