Google
 

Monday, July 16, 2007

SIDE THOUGHT - "I will take care of everything. You just rest."

The other day, I was not feeling well. My nose was running, my head was hurting and my body was aching.

As we were having dinner, I was feeling more and more miserable. I turned to my seven year old and said, "I don't feel very well."

He looked at me and then opened his eyes really wide. He kissed me, wrapped his arm around my neck, and said, "Okay, Mommy. I will take care of everything. You just rest."

For a few minutes, I felt immense comfort and support. Of course, he could not take care of everything and I could not just rest, but EMOTIONALLY - he did take care of everything and I did rest.

It felt great to have kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of those rare moments where you feel supported by your children. Great story! Thanks!

MOT said...

ML, thanks for the comment! It made me feel good...if even it for a few minutes!

Anonymous said...

Sweet kid...

Anonymous said...

It's those moments when we realize how blessed we are to have kids. My daughter brought me breakfast in bed one morning - a surprise for no reason. I really appreciated her thoughtfulness and was surprised that she would consider doing such a thing for me.

MOT said...

Tr@cy, how sweet! It is amazing that the kids can always surprise us!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just worth all that you go through everyday... so sweet...